Ten Tips to Defend Against Tooth Damage
Being proactive is important in the battle of keeping tooth decay, periodontal disease, and various other complications at bay. This is why our team at Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX wants to teach Friendswood, TX patients about prevention. When these major issues influence your dental wellness, they’re usually harder to treat, expensive, and intensive. Ideal dental hygiene is the most vital factor when it comes to making sure that your mouth remains in its best shape. Our Friendswood, TX staff is thrilled to give you a few effective tips to make sure your teeth are clean, strong, and radiant for many years.
- Go to your dentist twice a year. Routine oral cleanings and exams are crucial when it comes to not just brushing your teeth but also assessing the condition of your teeth and gum tissues. Your dental wellness depends on being cognizant of what’s going on inside of your mouth. At your appointment, your teeth will be cleaned and polished, and your dentist will provide an in-depth assessment of your mouth to identify potential issues. The sooner the oral disorders are diagnosed, the quicker your treatment can kick off.
- Use sugar-free gum. Several patients don't know that sugarless gum might help defend against tooth decay. Gum-chewing promotes more saliva production in the mouth, which is important because saliva is the main agent in charge of both neutralizing and washing away the acid from things we eat that could probably erode your teeth’s enamel, causing decay.
- Have fluoride treatments. Several dental practitioners recommend routine fluoride treatments for kids beginning at six years of age up to the time they’re out of their teen years. But when an older patient is prone to developing dental caries, a professional fluoride treatment might be very beneficial for their dental wellness. Our skilled dentists in Friendswood, TX provide fluoride treatments and could suggest a prescription fluoride toothpaste, mouthwash, or tablets to use between appointments.
- Be attentive. As soon as you feel the indications of tooth decay, it’s important to meet with the dentist for an evaluation. Usually, the first sign of tooth decay is chronic dental soreness. You might feel an intense pain as soon as you eat or drink food or beverages that are cold or hot. When tooth decay worsens, you could experience migraines, tooth pain, tooth discoloration, and obvious holes.
- Brush your teeth each day. Even though this might come across as obvious, brushing your teeth two times per day with dentist-approved toothpaste is an effective way to deter tooth decay. You could try counting in your head as you scrub your teeth for at least two minutes.
- Ask about dental sealants. Dental sealants are an ideal choice when it comes to warding off tooth decay. Sealants are a supple material placed on the chewing surfaces of the backmost teeth, also known as the molars and premolars. Oral sealants could help to reduce the individual's likelihood of dental caries in this area since the dips on your back teeth can entrap bad bacteria and cause the teeth to be more weak to cavities.
- Use mouthwash often. Mouthwash is essential as an added defense against tooth decay. After brushing your teeth, you could use mouthwash to help further minimize unwanted bacteria and tartar.
- Flossing your teeth is required. Brushing on its own isn’t effective in making sure cavities are kept away. Flossing is a crucial step that many individuals forget about. Flossing is able to target corners that brushes can’t get rid of food lodged between the teeth. This simple practice is great at helping to lessen the chances for cavities.
- Inform your kids. Kids often copy their parents. Often, parents are the ones to teach children how to brush their teeth, which is why it’s crucial to be a good example. Scheduling semi-annual cleanings is also another approach to teach them the importance of maintaining proper dental habits.
- Consume tooth-healthy foods and liquids. The microbes that lead to decay produce acid using the sugar contained in food. Sugary substances lay the groundwork for cavities to fester. It's critical to be aware of what you are consuming. When you consume food or a beverage that makes up a high sugar content, it's suggested to clean your teeth immediately.
Find out about the ideal method to brush your teeth
When you need to book regular dental cleanings and examinations for you and your loved ones, then please call our comprehensive care dentistry facility in Friendswood, TX for your visit. These needed and preventive appointments will keep tooth decay and various other concerns from forming. Additionally, you’ll certainly enjoy how clean your teeth are after your biannual cleanings. Our incredibly talented dentists will make you be comfortable and discuss the treatment process in depth. Our team is eager to see you at Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX.