The Crucial Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go Without Your Routine Dental Cleaning
Even when you take care of your teeth and gums and have proper oral health, it’s crucial to have routine dental exams and thorough cleanings. At Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX, we look for indications of cavities and gum disease at your exam and cleaning. When these signs are noted early on, they can usually be fixed quickly. But when more severe conditions aren't found, these may cause huge concerns, such as gum recession.
Professional teeth cleanings give our Friendswood, TX staff the chance to remove buildup and bacteria and scale your tooth enamel to create a lovely smile. Allow us to help you and your loved ones maintain your dental health with family dental care. The American Dental Association advises kids, adolescents, and adults to have their teeth cleaned a minimum of twice a year. For patients with rescinding or existing periodontal disease or who wear metal orthodontics, more frequent cleanings could be imperative.
What to expect at a dental cleaning
At your first exam at Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX, our team will begin by examining your teeth and gums. From there, we will take a dental x-ray to identify any problems we might not observe with our eyes alone. In the event that we detect any issues, we will put together a personalized treatment program for you. Cavities are typically fixed prior to your teeth cleaning, while other more serious therapies might require an additional visit to our Friendswood, TX dental facility. At your dental cleaning, our hygienist will remove any buildup on the teeth utilizing precise dental tools. The moment your teeth and gum tissues are clean, your enamel is polished to get rid of unsightly stains. Our professional hygienists can give advice to our patients on how to properly clean their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Why you shouldn't procrastinate your dental cleaning
At Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX, our team knows there are several reasons why you should never forgo a biannual dental cleaning, such as:
- Cavity prevention: Getting your teeth cleaned twice a year allows us to identify tooth decay promptly. If you put off seeing a dentist for a prolonged amount of time, this bacteria can travel throughout the tooth, meaning we cannot preserve it. This circumstance will call for a restoration.
- Treating gum disease in the early stages: When gum disease is not addressed, it can cause receding gums, bone loss, and missing teeth. If you have swollen or bleeding gums, set up an appointment at our Friendswood, TX office for periodontal disease care.
- Keeping your teeth white and clean: These deep cleanings allow your teeth to stay as radiant as possible. During your dental appointment, we scale your enamel to make it shine brightly.
- Fresh breath: Regular cleanings keep foul breath at bay since they eradicate plaque buildup, which may be the biggest cause of chronic bad breath.
- Receiving an oral pathology diagnostic: At your exam, we will look at your oral structures (such as the lips, tongue, mouth, or even lymph nodes) to identify indications of an irregularity. If detected early on, oral cancer can be taken care of without much hassle.
- Making sure your health is in good shape: Your dental wellness could influence your total health. Progressive gum disease could also cause cardiovascular disease. Proper dental care has been proven to reduce your chances of stroke.
- Saving money on dental care: In the event that you take care of dental health concerns immediately, they could be treated with simple fixes. However, when you delay care, you may require more expensive and extensive therapies.
Book a biannual cleaning to maintain your dental health
Make sure your smile is in good condition when you get twice-yearly teeth cleanings at Made Ya Smile Friendswood, TX. Our welcoming office in Friendswood, TX provides preventive treatment to help with preventing cavities and decrease your chances of ending up with periodontal disease.